Friday, June 14, 2013

Chocolate Butterballs

Chocolate Butterballs

I'm trying to adhere to an elimination diet with no gluten, no dairy(except organic butter), no red meat and no eggs for at least a month and that means if I get the munchies I can eat basically nothing from the store.  At 3am-ish I got everything I had out that was in the sweet and delicious category, mixed it up, rolled it into balls, tossed it in a coating and stuck it in the oven with some pieces of a chocolate to melt on top.  And it turned out really good!  

I mixed together:

Crushed walnuts (or any nuts)
Peanut butter
Cream of coconut
Crushed rice cereal
Honey (*could use blue agave or maple syrup to make vegan)
Melted butter (*could use coconut oil or other oil to make vegan)
Cinnamon
Vanilla extract
Coconut flakes
A little almond milk if it gets too thick

Then basically just mix it until it's thick enough to form balls that can hold up relatively on their own.


Then I tossed it in a mixture of cinnamon,  raw sugar, and amaranth flour and cocoa powder and put it in the oven for awhile, then sprinkle the coconut flakes onto the chocolate when it's halfway. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh :)

There are so many good ideas I have for this recipe. I think next week I'm going to adapt it and make a pie crust for some berry tarts.  Or do something similar to the idea above but with pecans, walnuts, maple syrup, and delicious stuff like that.  I realized greedy decadent foods aren't exclusive to the no-no food groups.  You can still be greedy as a vegan, vegetarian, or anything in between. :D

Used the leftover chocolate in the pot and made almond milk hot chocolate.  Because it's the middle of June and still cold in NYC. -___-

And all God's people said amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment